- Touch – the temperature is always perfect and the deep pressure of the womb walls hugs your baby.
- Movement – the lulling movement of your body plus the swishing of the amniotic fluid calm your baby while providing appropriate vestibular stimulation.
- Sounds – the womb is filled with the background noise of your heartbeat, the pulsing of the blood through your veins and the gushing and gurgling of your stomach. This calming background noise is white noise.
- Sight – the womb is a darkened space and your baby’s eyes see only muted light and dark shadows.
- Smell and taste – your baby experiences a variety of flavours and smells according to what you eat. The smell and taste of amniotic fluid is a familiar one for your baby.
COURSE OUTLINE:MODULE 1 | Workshop Introduction
- Welcome to your Workshop!
- Meet Meg Faure
- Womb to World Masterclass
- BONUS CONTENT: The Transition to Motherhood
Presented by Meg Faure, Occupational Therapist, Parenting Expert and Author
Meg Faure is an Occupational Therapist, best-selling author, and founder of Parent Sense – the all-in-one baby app that takes the guesswork out of parenting. Meg is passionate about supporting new parents as they navigate the early years of their little one’s life. She’s also a career mum of 3 who has faced and overcome the challenges of parenting while working.