Here’s what you can expect to learn as you progress through the content:
MODULE 1 | The Advantages and Benefits of Exclusively Breastfeeding
MODULE 2 | The 9 Instinctive Stages of the Newborn Baby
MODULE 3 | The Anatomy of the Breast
MODULE 4 | Position and Latch
MODULE 5 | Recognizing a Good Feed
MODULE 6 | When Breastfeeding isn’t Enough
WELCOME | INTRODUCTION MODULE
- Learning about Lactation
- Breastfeeding and Beyond
MODULE 1 | The Advantages and Benefits of Exclusively Breastfeeding [36:27]
- The benefits and advantages of breasting your baby and caring for yourself
- Choosing a supportive care team
- Starting well at birth and continuing well through the months ahead
MODULE 2 | The 9 Instinctive Stages of the Newborn Baby [53:28]
- The 9 Instinctive Stages of the Newborn Baby
- The Benefits of Skin-to-Skin Contact at birth
MODULE 3 | The Anatomy of the Breast [45:35]
- How breastmilk is made and released from the breast
- Caring for yourself – Breast Care
- Understanding your newborn baby’s feeding needs in the first few weeks
MODULE 4 | Position and Latch [59:30]
- Learning how to position yourself and baby comfortably for breastfeeding
- Understanding the principles of a good latch
- Factors that interfere with correct latching
MODULE 5 | Recognizing a Good Feed [32:47]
- Learning the key points that indicate that baby is getting enough milk and feeding well
MODULE 6 | When Breastfeeding isn’t Enough [38:05]
- Learning the key points that indicate that baby is getting enough milk and feeding welL
- Closing Module
FAREWELL 🏆 Course wrap up
- Closing And Reflection
- Course Questionnaire – Student Feedback
- Closing Admin
Presented by Sr Linda Britz
Sr. Linda Britz is a Registered Midwife, General and Psychiatric Nurse and Lactation Specialist who is passionate about the well being of mothers and their babies, addressing the importance of Promoting, Protecting and Supporting breastfeeding in the early days.
Linda consults at the ‘Well-Baby’ clinic at ‘The Family and Child Centre’. She teaches prenatal childbirth education classes with sessions on the Newborn and Mother, and Breastfeeding. As an internationally qualified Lactation Specialist, Linda promotes a good start to to the nursing journey by consulting with mothers after birth and supporting them in achieve success in breastfeeding their babies.
Linda is married and is the mother of three children – two sons and a daughter from whom she says she has learnt the most.
Learn about lactation, make sure you start well!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
When do these classes take place?
You can watch the masterclasses in your own time.
Is this course aimed at children of any particular age?
The course is relevant to expectant parents and parents of babies ages 0-10 weeks.
Will I receive a certificate as proof that I have completed this course?
We can issue a simple certificate at your request. It is important to note that this course is not registered for CPD points.